Saturday, November 03, 2007

Weblog Awards voting thingy


As promised, here is a daily link to the 2007 Weblog Awards. To get to the somewhat obscure category where you'll find The Galloping Beaver, click on this link or on the graphic in the upper left corner of the post.

Also promised was a list of the finalists I believe deserve support.

Best Blog: You decide. I don't think the best blog is there. (And no, I don't mean us).

Best Individual Blogger: Lindsay Beyerstein.

Funniest Blog: Toss up between Jon Swift and Sadly, No! I'm going with Jon Swift.

Best Liberal Blog: They're all good. I can't decide.

Best Conservative Blog: If you must. Just remember, Michelle Malkin, Powerline and Ace of Spades are in this category.

Best Political Coverage: RealClearPolitics (I will, one day, provide my reasons for that)

Best Science Blog: Pharyngula, hands down. I don't know how some of the others in that category even qualified as science blogs.

Best Video Blog: Crooks and Liars.

Best Canadian Blog: Scott's DiaTribes or Apply-Liberally. Or you can vote strategically and try to put SDA out of the top spot.

Best of the top 250: Balloon Juice.

Best of the top 251 - 500: TBogg.

Best of the top 501 - 1000: The Poorman Institute or The Smirking Chimp.

Best of the top 1001 - 1750: Newshoggers

Best of the top 2501 - 3500: Driftglass

Best of the top 3501 - 5000: Whether we're the best or not, I'm voting for The Galloping Beaver. (Currently polling 3rd).

Best of the top 5001 - 6750: Simply Left Behind.

That's not an exhaustive list, but it will give you some reading should you suddenly get bored.

No comments: