Thursday, August 23, 2007

Deja Vu All Over Again

"The Canadian Forces has sent a request to experienced ex-military personnel to rejoin the ranks as it tries to recruit enough soldiers for the future and deal with the fallout from the ongoing mission to Afghanistan. "

I guess the request is because DND doesn't have the authority to just order them back into uniform like the Pentagon does.

Hillier is especially amusing.

"I will tell you -- this is the absolute God's truth here from Hillier's lips -- over the last three to six months as I'm travelling around the Canadian Forces in Afghanistan, folks are coming up to me and saying, 'You know general a couple of years ago I couldn't wait to get my 20 or 25 years in and go [but] now I want to stay forever. ''

Forever being how long 67 other folks are already staying.

What a waste of blood and money.

No comments: