Sunday, February 11, 2007

Dinosaur farts?


You can deny anthropogenic global warming using many, many arguments. Most can be quickly dispatched but some do stop and make you think.

If however, you tell me that any thermal maximum event was caused by dinosaur flatulence, I will laugh at you. I will point while others laugh at you.

Republican congressman Dana Rohrabacher of the Huntington Beach/Costa Mesa 48th District, California said just that. You can got to the link for the video and here's the transcript. (Emphasis mine)
ROHRBACHER: So, whether or not how dramatic this change will be, or is, what it’s caused by, are things that honest people, I think, can disagree with, and I really personally, having been a journalist, the first thing I was always cautioned by when someone was claiming, well, everybody is on my side, or everybody says this, or there is a total consensus, almost always when people said that to me over my years as a journalist, it wasn’t true. It was that there were honest people who disagreed and significant disagreement on such issues. We don’t know what those other cycles were caused by in the past. Could be dinosaur flatulence, you know, or who knows? We do know the CO2 in the past had its time when it was greater as well. And what happened when the CO2 was greater since then and now? There have been many cycles of up and down warming. So with that said, I think that we’ve had a great discussion today.
Sigh.

It could be that the present global warming trends are caused by people like Rohrbacher while they ignore facts, dismiss science and vent like pointless gas-bags into the atmosphere. Rohrbacher needs to figure out that he too is contributing to global warming with flatulence erupting from both ends of his body.

It's all quite bizarre, and now we'll be hearing the followers of this clown speaking the same words.

Dinosaur farts.

(H/T Brilliant at Breakfast)

No comments: