Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas tagging


Moderate Man tagged us. We don't usually do these things but, given the time of year and the fact that he's got great quotations on his blog masthead, I'll make an exception.

Da Rulez:

1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share Christmas facts about yourself.
3. Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1 and 2 are no problem, but I'll have to think about 3 and 4. Time is short and most of the blogroll is a declared Tag Free Zone.

Welcome to the Christmas edition of "Getting to Know Your Friends."

1. Wrapping or gift bags?
Don't they already come wrapped?!

2. Real or artificial tree?
Real. Artificial trees are hard on the lumber mill.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Put up? There's a whole forest out there. They're already up.

4. When do you take the tree down?
When the pine beetles kill it.

5. Do you like egg nog?
Actually, I find Mr. Nog to be an obnoxious individual. I didn't know his first name was egg. I'll bet with a name like that he doesn't get laid much.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Chemistry set. Hehehe. That was the last time that ever happened.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
I have a Saturn Vue.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Chemistry set. The local bomb squad was not amused.

9. Mail or email Christmas cards?
They make cards?

10. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Pirates of The Caribbean. (Yes! It IS a Christmas movie. Pirates love Christmas.)

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Oh no! I forgot about that part!

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Cod cheeks and seal flippers. (Newfies unite! Ban turkey at Christmas!)

13. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Did coloured once. The extension cord was too short though, so, y'know, no one noticed.

14. Favorite Christmas song(s)?
Anything which Celine Dion doesn't do.

15. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Home of course. Pour another Bailey's!

16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Of course I can. Can you name all of Santa's boomers?

17. Angel on the tree top or a star?
I try to line up Antares, but it's too low on the horizon in the morning.

18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?
It depends. I try not to stand on formality. If you give me something on December 21st, I open it then. I like to spread the joy out a little.

19. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Bill O'Reilly. But then, that goes for any time of the year.

20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color?
Green! It comes that way. Well, some of it's brown and if the pine beetles got to it, it's kind of red.

21. What do you leave for Santa?
A stock tip. Don't buy Home Depot!

22. Least favorite holiday song?
Anything done by Celine Dion.

23. Favorite ornament?
The thing on the hood of the Mercedez 190E

24. Family tradition?
Standing at the open front door, yammering on about nothing with an outside temperature of -12 C.

25. Ever been to Midnight Mass or late-night Christmas Eve services?
Yes. And I am still convinced I have a case against my parents for child-abuse.

I'm going to leave this open to volunteer participants. Rather than tag anybody, if you'd like to do this one, grab on and go.

No comments: