Thursday, November 18, 2010

The best "Royal Wedding" line of the day

I'm not a serious "royal watcher" so I'm easily described as "out of touch" with L'affair Windsor. However, you'd have to be living under a rock to have missed the Prince William/Kate Middleton engagement news... since it was on the front page of anything calling itself a daily newspaper.

I know some people love the fuss. I don't, but I am getting a strange feeling about the whole thing.

Jill nails it.

... this poor girl is going to be compared for the rest of her life to the most sainted mother ghost in recorded history.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like a grieving movie character the blue rinses in Britain have been looking to kidnap a replacement "People's Princess" for a while now.
Now watch as a new division is created in their ranks, one side who thinks the new Di is just fine and the other who will treat her as the anti-Di.
The tabloids will love this stuff.

Polyorchnid Octopunch said...

I got a good one from a bud in the UK: "boy, it's going to be a little strained at the bachelor party, what with the groom stuffing pictures of his grandmother into the stripper's pasties."