Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The most powerful organic in the world – bird droppings!


For everyone who has ever had the less-than-delightful experience of trying to scrape dried bird droppings from your car windows, you have good company – the space shuttle Discovery. It appears that bird droppings on the shuttle’s wing have managed to survive regular Florida thunderstorms, a mighty Fourth of July launch during which 1.1 million litres of water is sprayed at the shuttle's main engines, and a burst upward through Earth's atmosphere. During that launch Discovery went from zero to about 28,000 km/h in just under nine minutes. And still the bird droppings remained in place. Mostly.

That’s pretty powerful shit! Everybody, dig deep into your childhood memories and sing along with me:

Birdie, birdie in the sky
Dropped some whitewash in my eye
I’m a big girl. I don’t cry.
But gee I’m glad that cows can’t fly.

No comments: