Sunday, March 09, 2008

Mrs. Mills opts for the dog.


Wasn't there a King Solomon story about this?
For many years, I have been devoted to my terrier, Tom. He has been an important part of my life, and if anything happened to him, I would be devastated. All was absolutely fine until the birth of my daughter, June, last year. Since then, Tom has been moody and withdrawn. I think he is becoming increasingly jealous of the new arrival. Things have got worse recently, with him snarling at June when they are in the same room. I fear it is only a matter of time before things get tragically out of hand. Please advise.
As usual, she comes through. And June isn't the guaranteed winner.
One of them is going to have to be put down. I wouldn’t want to be too prescriptive, but you might bear in mind that dogs are generally cheaper to keep, although probably not so good at looking after you in your dotage.
More at the Times Online.

No comments: