Monday, July 02, 2007

#$%$$&'%%$# memes

okay, I'll play along, having inflicted memes on others, possibly this crew, in the past. Since the eight rules have already been posted I'll progress straight to the personal expose:
1. I shave my head every summer --and I'm due for a haircut very soon.
2. I have lived in Japan for ten years (TEN YEARS!) and still speak a minimum of Japanese due to my own laziness
3. I can cook and have done so professionally.
4. I love to sail and canoe, but have done neither for ten years
5. Despite my love for the internets, I dislike cats, being allergic to them and oppose them as pets.
They can look after themselves and should, unlike dogs who have a burning need to look after us.
6. I can sing, and play guitar and harmonica, and have done so professionally with an absolutly justifiable minmum of success. My brief professional career as a performer is the source of my nickname.
7. The rather showy scars on my wrist come from slamming and putting my arm through a screened door as a child, not some monsterous personal demons, I don't really have a lot demons, having had a pretty happy childhood, aside from the aforementioned door slamming, which stemmed from my own stubborness over which shoes my mother wanted me to wear.

8. While recognizing his many faults, I think Pierre Trudeau was the greatest prime minister our country has ever had, and a whole classification of zoological strata above the current crop of petty politicos.

No comments: