Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out


Oh no. Helen Thomas will be devastated. Her second favourite target in the world has just been fired resigned as Bush's White House spokesman.

Appearing with Bush on the White House South Lawn just before the president boarded a helicopter at the start a trip to Alabama, McClellan, who has parried especially fiercely with reporters on Iraq and on intelligence issues, told Bush: “I have given it my all sir and I have given you my all sir, and I will continue to do so as we transition to a new press secretary.”
And now the kicking and screaming from the boss who recognizes outstanding skill and loyalty.

“I thought he handled his assignment with class, integrity,” the president said. “It’s going to be hard to replace Scott, but nevertheless he made the decision and I accepted it. One of these days, he and I are going to be rocking in chairs in Texas and talking about the good old days.”
Hmmm. That sounds like, "Bye. Nice knowing you." He didn't do that with Rumsfeld.

OK. So he was fired. I hope Fox News is keeping a seat ready for him.

No comments: