Friday, November 02, 2007

The 2007 Weblog Awards


Whooda thunk?!

The Galloping Beaver is a finalist in the 2007 Weblog Awards. In the words of the great folks at Wizbang:
The Weblog Awards are the world's largest blog competition, with over 525,000 votes cast in the 2006 edition for finalists in 45 categories. Nominations for 49 categories ended October 17, 2007 and voting is scheduled to begin November 1, 2007. Final results will be announced November 8, 2007 at the BlogWorld & New Media Expo in Las Vegas.
Honestly, I was away when the nominations took place, so I confess to being in a bit of a fog as to how we got to the finals, however, I know that we did receive a nomination from my favourite "conservative" blogger, Jon Swift. A happy tail-slapping thank you to Jon and to those whose support got us to the finals. And Jon, I'm voting for you... every day.

Our category is in the TTLB category as one of the top ten of blogs ranked 3501 - 5000. I will provide a direct link to that voting block daily. You can vote every 24 hours until 8 November. You can also click on the Weblog Awards Logo in this and subsequent posts to take you to the voting block.

While we're not in the "Best Canadian Blog" category I urge you to go there and cast a vote as well. I'm supporting Scott's Diatribes in that category.

So, VOTE early and often.

(Of course, it's Friday, which makes it a busy day around here, but I'll try and get up my personal picks as soon as possible. To add to the confusion, I'm hoping all TGB scribes will provide their picks too.)

No comments: