Thursday, March 15, 2007

Great Line Of The Day


Yes, I am shamelessly stealing the title from CathiefromCanada, but I don't think she'll mind.

Cathie links to this CP item detailing how Harper is dismantling Environment Canada's climate change policy group and moving that role to fall under the direct supervision of the Prime Minister's Office and the Privy Council Office.

In other words, out of the hands of the professional civil service and into the hands of a bunch of political appointees. As Cathie says:
I may be wrong, of course, but at some point I do believe that Harper and/or his PMO is simply going to collapse under the strain of trying to run everything after they have fired all of the people who knew how to do it. Maybe the opposition parties should just pass next week's budget -- and let Harper start explaining why he isn't actually capable of fulfilling all of the promises he has made.
Ohhh... I like that.

No comments: