Thursday, December 22, 2011

Y'know, I have never voted so someone could tell me what to do

That premise may not sit well with the fuckwad beer drinkers who think Steve Harpers "Lawnorder" agenda is cool.

They haven't read any of it and that's what Brother Harper is counting on. They just keep on doing, (racking up credit card debt), and ignoring whatever changes are happening around them. Brother Harper is counting on that too.

Eventually one of them will walk into a hospital and be asked for a credit card. They'll hand it over and three weeks later we'll see some whining prick complaining that it cost him $10,000 for a 4 hour visit to the emergency room.

What happened to universal health care? Well, you voted it out ... shithead. You bought shiny bright fighter jets because, if nothing else, you support the troops.

So do I. But then, I was one of the troops. I expected that being one of those people meant I was trying to preserve what this country was all about. We looked after each other and, because we have unimaginable wealth (something I learned because I went to the shitholes of the world you sent me to) we were more than able to take advantage of it.

I read a lot. Sorry if that disturbs you. I don't hate you for being politically unengaged. Hell, I may actually admire you. But I will never forgive you for electing an unimaginative, ideological demagogue into office.

You don't care now ... but you will. Eventually, after it's far too late, you'll pay the price for not being a corporate executive. You'll look at your meager existence and wonder why a hospital wants to attach your house. And the only person to blame will be you.

You want more prisons. You want more punishment. You approve of your taxes going down a hole you cannot even identify.  And then you'll wonder why the crime rate is increasing. Stupid you.

You'll reject science. Well, not all science. Just the science which makes you uncomfortable. The rest of of it you'll use to support your arguments for why the same science today isn't valid. That makes you a hypocrite, but that word is never spoken at morning coffee. And then you tell us that snow is proof that global warming is not happening. As if you actually paid attention in grade 10 science class. It was always your life's dream to make Fords. Something I will only buy if the price is right and the warranty guarantees a 10 year life span. Science is a pointless exercise. Spin that bolt and dream of the next sports event - on TV. You don't play; you watch.

You claim to be informed. You wouldn't know a fact from a Magic Bullet ad.

Lie to yourself. Or let somebody else do it for you.

I don't hate you for your politics. I hate you because you're lazy.


I've had it with you

18 comments:

stoanee said...

ooooh, tell us how you really feel. I have voted since I was old enough to vote. I have voted for the party that really represents my views, well, as close as I can find anyway. Harper was my last vote and I do not apologize. Don't like it?, get off your ass and vote for someone else. Pissing and moaning does nothing, but I will defend your right to piss and moan, I just don't have the time to listen to it. I know that one man (Harper) cannot totally screw up a country, all the political parties have had a go at it but we are still here.

By the way, I have ultimate respect for our troops and the job they have to do. If I tried it I would come back as a raving homicidal maniac, not something I aspire to.

I think the world is basically a fucked up place but I will remain positive despite that. Have a nice day.......

West End Bob said...

Now there's the Cap'n Dave I've been missing!

Welcome Back, Sir ! ! ! !

thebanana said...

"I just don't have the time to listen to it."
---------------------

And yet, here you are.

Dave said...

Yo Bob! Merry Christmas!

Carmichael said...

Clicking on stoanee informs me that this (perhaps) person has been on blogger since 2011.

I've been noticing lately that a lot of the respondents who self identify as Harper supporters have been on blogger since December 2011.

Hhhmm...

Anyway, stoanee, who says you're not already a raving homicidal maniac.

ron wilton said...

Fuckin' "A"

Beijing York said...

Perfect close of the year rant, Dave. Nice of stoanee to drop by and provide Exhibit A to your case.

Hope you enjoy the Christmas long weekend and all the best for a less destructive new year. (One can only hope...)

West End Bob said...

Yo to you, too, Dave. Merry Ho Ho to you and Ms. Cap'n!

Seriously: Loved the post. I've been missin' the "old" Dave . . . .

Steve said...

amen, wake up zombies

Edstock said...

Right on — except don't beat up on the Ford Motor Company, lol. Wish I could find a Laguna Seca Mustang under the tree . . . I wish . . . just maybe a Fiesta ST next year if I bust my butt.

Speaking of cars, maybe someone could get the addresses of all the Tar Sands execs and Harper government people?

Then you go visit each address after midnight, and deposit an old tire on the front lawn, with a truck flare or somesuch to get it burning real good. Leaves a mark . . .

Boris said...

Well done, Dave!

Rev.Paperboy said...

Well said, Skipper, well said - and a happy festivus to all the inkstained wretches in the crew!

Stoanee, all the political parties haven't been in power for the last six years.

RossK said...

Ooooohhhh....

Somebody's hiding behind an 'ultimate respect for our troops' gambit....

Do I smell a Gilliard Doctrinaire-type rant comin'?

.

Dr.Dawg said...

Well done, sir! And a deserved best of the holiday season to you and yours.

Moon Rattled said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moon Rattled said...

stoanee missed the point, but what else is new?

stoanee, the only reason Herr Douchenozzle has a majority, with 5.8 million measly votes, is because most Canadians didn't vote. So, as a Con, especially a Harper Reform Republican Gingrich-style Con, you really can't afford to have people voting because if they did Harper would lose. He wouldn't even be a player.

Indeed, if more people vote in the next election, I'm certain Harper will take a page out of the Republican playbook and try and introduce voter ID cards. That's right up his alley considering his ongoing bullying campaign, using tax revenue to fund his eternal election campaigning, his propensity for voter suppression, and stealing elections through fraud.

Your boy isn't a good choice any way you slice it. He isn't even a fiscal conservative.

And please, don't you dare to claim you support the troops when Harper diverts revenue to build his little empire while cutting veterans services and benefits. Under Harper, there are many more homeless vets, not to mention wounded and dead vets.

Frankly stoanee, until you grow a brain and a conscience you can go fuck yourself.

liberal supporter said...

Harper also got his majority because of the two million Liberals who switched their vote in the last 48 hours before May 2. That was when it became apparent that Jack Layton would become PM when they toppled a Harper minority with an agreement for support. With no cabinet seats in such an agreement (courtesy of "no coalition" Iggy) they would be more screwed than they are now since they have four years of stability to rebuild. I think their main concern was Harper would stop being an asshole and not defeat himself, but it looks like he's doing just that. With paid help like stoanee offering nothing more than "the other guy did it so shut up and suck it up because it's ok for us too", the next election will be about "Canadians deserve better" and Harper could exceed Kim Campbell's result.

Carmichael said...

liberal supporter has really good dope.