Thursday, November 01, 2007

I feel a tremor in The Force


Roger L. Simon and Charles Johnson must be searching for enough towels to wipe up the mess. In the right-wing blogosphere, heads are exploding. The Force has shifted.

I've been reading John Cole at Balloon Juice since I found an interest in Blogtopia. (Yes, Skippy coined that term). He provided a sane point of view which held with the Republican party of days long since gone. He never came across as being a part of the Hugh Hewitt or Michelle Malkin crowd. In fact, he quite happily mocked them and their particular ilk.

Yesterday, John Cole announced that he's finally had enough. He explains his move with all the clarity that I've come to expect from his writing.

Something I've been meaning to do anyway, but find myself prompted to immediate action, is to add Balloon Juice to the blogroll.

And before everyone gets all teary-eyed with joy, it would be a mistake to suggest John has made a conversion to the left-wing of the US political spectrum. He's simply changed his registered party affiliation from Republican to Democratic. As he says, it is an elevated middle finger to the GOP. Politically, I don't think John shifted all that far. But the Republican party has and people like John, loads of them, are more than a little uncomfortable with that.

No comments: