Friday, April 13, 2007

May and Dion

There's a kind of denial at work in the partisan debate about this agreement.

Does partisanship blind people to understanding that what the planet faces is going to require everyone cooperating and collaborating with everyone else? Apparently so.

I'm going to be 60 at my next birthday so I'm not likely to have to deal with too many of the consequences before I shuffle off this mortal coil. I've also never brought children into the world so I don't have that pushing me either.

But if you're under 40 and especially if you're under 30 your middle to later years are going to become very complex and uncomfortable.

Honest to christ I'm about near to giving up on humanity. I am beginning to think that, like homo erectus before us, we are an evolutionary dead end.

Except that unlike any other human like species before us we will self exterminate.

No comments: