Monday, April 09, 2007

Bush almost pulls off the exploding hydrogen trick


Via Pam's House Blend, it appears George Bush has been saved from himself once again. This time it wasn't a pretzel and it wasn't a Caterpillar tractor. It was a hybrid car.
Credit Ford Motor Co. CEO Alan Mulally with saving the leader of the free world from self-immolation.

Mulally told journalists at the New York auto show that he intervened to prevent President Bush from plugging an electrical cord into the hydrogen tank of Ford's hydrogen-electric plug-in hybrid at the White House last week. Ford wanted to give the Commander-in-Chief an actual demonstration of the innovative vehicle, so the automaker arranged for an electrical outlet to be installed on the South Lawn and ran a charging cord to the hybrid. However, as Mulally followed Bush out to the car, he noticed someone had left the cord lying at the rear of the vehicle, near the fuel tank.

"I just thought, 'Oh my goodness!' So, I started walking faster, and the President walked faster and he got to the cord before I did. I violated all the protocols. I touched the President. I grabbed his arm and I moved him up to the front," Mulally said. "I wanted the president to make sure he plugged into the electricity, not into the hydrogen This is all off the record, right?"

Nope. You ask that question before you tell the story, Mr. Mulally. And, THANKS! It's a reminder that this buffoon is in charge of the world's most technologically advanced military machine, has a couple of wars on the go, (which he can't figure out how to win), and is the keeper of the Football.

Electricity and hydrogen. Wasn't that an experiment in junior high-school? Oh yeah. Cheney was really, really close by. (I'm not going there. Even though I really want to.)

No comments: