Thursday, February 01, 2007

Hairy Fish Nuts has a question and he needs your help

Just dragging up a bit of stuff from the past:
Remember the Jonah Goldberg/Juan Cole wager? I do.


On 2/8/05, Goldberg wrote:

Anyway, I do think my judgment is superior to his [Juan Cole's] when it comes to the big picture. So, I have an idea: Since he doesn't want to debate anything except his own brilliance, let's make a bet. I predict that Iraq won't have a civil war, that it will have a viable constitution, and that a majority of Iraqis and Americans will, in two years time, agree that the war was worth it. I'll bet $1,000 (which I can hardly spare right now). This way neither of us can hide behind clever word play or CV reading. If there's another reasonable wager Cole wants to offer which would measure our judgment, I'm all ears. Money where your mouth is, doc.

Ummm, yeah! And Juan Cole's response was pretty straight forward. He basically called the Doughy Pantload what he is: a ghoul with no concern at all for the lives of Iraqis.

That's cool. Goldberg is, after all, a complete fucking idiot.

But, Hairy Fish Nuts thought he would actually check with Goldberg to see if HE was about to put his money where his mouth is. The only problem is, the Pantload is rejecting HFN's emails. I figure it's the relay, but who knows?

So, Hairy Fish Nuts is asking for a little bit of help. It would be a good thing.


No comments: