Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Abortion IS birth control!

While perusing Redstate.org (I know, I know...I can only visit the site when I'm either in the mood for a good chuckle or when I've consumed copious quantities of wine), I came across a sentence that blew my mind. It's not the first time I've heard it used as a condemnation of abortion. Here it is (and NO, I'm not going to link to the site...I refuse to ruin your supper):

Finally, I examined the evidence tending to show that abortion is being used primarily and overwhelmingly as birth control.
Soooooo, let me get this straight. Abortion is used as birth control. DUH !!!!!! What did you think abortion was used for? As a flu vaccine?

Let's stop beating around the bush. Abortion is a form of birth control. Period. That is it's purpose. The point is to prevent birth, therefore, it is birth control. So let's stop pretending that it is anything BUT birth control.